ACTIVITY 2 - OIL LEAK DETECTION ROBOT
This 1-hour session will allow participants to build an EV3 TRACER robot equipped with a temperature sensor to detect cold spots in pipes that will immediately send information to another EV3 controller connected to the control panel.
This session makes use of EV3’s Bluetooth and temperature sensing capabilities. The team/participant to build and program the robot first takes home the prize. The session is meant to open the minds of participants on the potential of Robotics and its applications. No prior technical knowledge needed.
Participants can expect the following by the end of the session:
1. Get an understanding on Lego Mindstorms robotics
2. Be able to experiment with programming concepts using LabVIEW Programming Software.
3. Get Introduced to different electronics sensors and its working principles
4. Be able to build and program Lego Mindstorms robots
Robotics Session Agenda
|1.||Introduction to EV3 Mindstorms||5 minutes|
Introduce the mission of the day
Participants are introduced into the mission using video/pictures.
Building and Design
Participants build Tracer robot based on the manual and make creative modifications on the existing design to make it more functional.
Exploring the Programming Software (LabVIEW)
Tools: Navigating through the software
· Connecting, Downloading and Testing Program on EV3 Brick
· Working with temperature sensor to detect cold spot in Pipe
· Understanding Bluetooth connectivity between 2 EV3 Bricks
· Trouble shooting problems
|5.||Participants test their robot on the game board||10 minutes|
|6.||Award Distribution for winners||10 minutes|